Craniofix fixation clamps

Patient

Q: Hi i had an avm surgery a while ago...i had amazing recovery, went back to school and everything but 6 months later im getting stinging pain coming from the area of the avm but outside of my skull, like muscle pain. its not a full headache and i get sweeling on the outside of my skull just in that area... the swelling sometimes gets so bad that it spreads and even shows around one of my eyes....
Ive been to doctors and have had an MRI done and apparently there is nothing wrong but ive been dealing with the post surgery pain for almost an year now..

I do know that the clamps that were used to hold the bone flap were CRANIOFIX FIXATION clamps,

my question is that after the bone has healed is it possible to surgically remove one or two of these clamps?

thank you

Doctor