Creatine while on cialis

Patient

Q: Dear doctor, I am 23 years old.I use cialis for ed. Is it OK to use creatine monohydrate for bodybuilding while on cialis. I know that nitrates should not be mixed with a pde5 inhibitor.Wikipedia says that creatine is a nitrogenous organic acid.But nitrate and nitrogenous organic acid are not the same thing. So is it Ok to use creatine while on cialis

Doctor

A:   Tadalafil  (Cialis) is used to treat male sexual function problems (impotence or erectile dysfunction) by blocking a certain enzyme (phosphodiesterase-PDE5) in the body. In combination with sexual stimulation, tadalafil helps blood flow into the penis to achieve and maintain an erection. This drug should not be used with the following medications because very serious (possibly fatal) interactions may occur: nitrates (e.g., nitroglycerin, isosorbide), nitroprusside (or any "nitric oxide donor" drugs), recreational drugs called "poppers" containing amyl or butyl nitrite. On the other hand, Creatine has been used mainly for improving exercise performance and increasing muscle strength. It has also been used for muscle disorders (e.g., McArdle's disease), Parkinson's disease, and heart failure. Using this product without proper medical care for conditions such as heart failure may cause or worsen serious health problems. Creatine is the same as a substance made by your body that is found mostly in the muscles. Then, you could use it while taking Cialis. It helps to provide energy to the muscles. Some herbal/diet supplement products have been found to contain possibly harmful impurities/additives. Check with your pharmacist for more details about the brand you use. The FDA has not reviewed this product for safety or effectiveness. When taking Creatine make sure that you ingest plenty of water to keep your kidney function good.