Creatnine went from 18 to 21 I am diabetic and

Patient

Q: Creatnine went from 1.8 to 2.1. I am diabetic and taking amaryl. Should I worry?

Symptoms:  None
Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com
As even the slightest of creatinine values are elevated it is considered that even a .2-.3 increase can damage the kidney if sustained over a long time.

2.1 is almost double the amount what is considered normal and it increased from 1.8. It can happen in long term diabetics or could also be due to other kidney infections worsening the kidney status. We can repeat the values after a month and till then please take water and hour medicines properly .

Hope this was helpful,
Feel free to discuss further.