Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Crohns Disease and weight gain

Crohns Disease and weight gain

Patient: Hello DoctorI need some suggestion on protein intake.I am Crohns Patient and have very weak digestive systemmy weight is just 45 kgs and height 178 cms and aged 42 yearsI have joined GYM and my trainer suggested to take ISO GROW or HYDRO Whey protein powder for muscle building.Since I cannot take any dairy products, is it ok to take either of these products for muscle building.Please advise.regardsPrasanna

Symptoms: 4 Times bowel movements everyday

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.It is ok to take these products, but it would be much better to get your protein from na tural sources such as eggs. Also, start on steroids for the Crohn’s disease to manage the symptoms. Hope this helps you.All the best.