x
198 Physicians Online

Question:

Crying and sinus infections

Everytime I cry I get a sinus infection. I'm wondering what causes this and if it can be fixed. It's been this way as long as I can remember but I'm just tired of it.

Answer:

It is unlikely that crying could result in your sinus infection. Sinusitis is the inflammation of the nasal sinuses by viral, bacterial or fungal infection. There is collection of mucus and plugging of the sinus cavities. Treatment for sinusitis involves antibiotics, intranasal steroids, saline irrigation of the nose and decongestants. Saline nose drops and decongestants are available over-the-counter and are usually prescribed initailly with antibiotics and steriods reserved for more severe cases.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA