Curable or Incurable? UTI or STI? HELP!

Q: Hello, I'm really desperate for some advice. I have been to the doctor for an STI test but won't get the results for another week. I'm freaking out because I'm scared it's something incurable.

On Wednesday I developed the symptoms of a UTI (after having unprotected sex on Monday). I knew that I should go to the doctor, but put it off as I was very tired. On Friday I noticed some pain in my waist and lower back area. That day I went to a walk in clinic, I told the doctor about my symptoms, took a urine test and got an sti test and pap smear. She said that I did have a UTI and that the STD results wouldn't be in for a week.

Today (Saturday) I was extremely exhausted and feeling ill and depressed, which I presume is from the antibiotics she prescribed (ciprofloxacin).

Today I developed 2 new symptoms. 1 is that there is some leakage coming from my urethra (i think) and the second is that I have very small slightly painful sores around my rectum. It's possible that they are a result of irritation from the moisture in my underwear, or ingrown hairs I suppose.

I spoke with the person I slept with and he informed me that he had pain during urination. As far as I understand UTI's are not contagious so it must be an STI I guess? I'm so terrified. Like I said, I did get an STI test but will have to wait on the results. I'm so scared, I don't want to feel like this for 6 more days. I know it was stupid to have unprotected sex and I am extremely mad at myself.

Any information is greatly appreciated. I'm desperate!