Cure for Stroke Sequels?

Q: Is there a cure for stroke? My Dad had stroke about three years ago and since then his health is been declining steadily even though we regularly consult neurologists in India. His health is not been improving at all from taking all those medications. Stroke is known for 3000 years, haven't scientists found any hope of permanently curing it and making a person normal again. My Dad is only 64 years old and it is quite worrying for the family. Looking forward to your response. Thank you.

A:    Unfortunately, there is no cure for the Stroke sequels, the treatment is aimed to manage and relieve the symptoms, and try to give him skills to cope with the daily living activities the best he can. The motor deficits depend upon the severity of the initial brain injury (stroke). The main treatment is Physical Therapy, basically to preserve the motor functions that he still has, and most Rehab programs include also Occupational therapy, Vocational therapy and mental health care professionals, to deal with common other issues like depression or cognitive impairment.