Current rectal bleeding, low body temp and weakness after hemrroidectomy

Q: I recently had a hemrroidectomy and I was anemic before the surgery but since the surgery I've been loosing alot of blood even without bowel movements, I also have a body temperature of 95.2. I am currently on iron supplements and before the surgery I had another iron test after 3 months of being on the iron pills and it was still only 2 points above normal. Should I seed medical attention for this problem, and could my iron levels be too low with the weakness and blood loss, followed by the low body temp for around 3 weeks now?

A:   You should certainly seek medical attention for this problem. Persistent bleeding after hemorrhoidectomy is a cause for concern and requires immediate evaluation. This issue is complicated by the fact that you were anemic prior to surgery and your symptoms suggest a low blood volume. Please do not delay any longer in seeing your surgeon or visiting the nearest Emergency room in your city.