Cut off fingertip and nailbed (diagonal)

Q: Last week a cut clean a piece off my finfertip and some of the nailbed (the amputation was diagonal ,no bone was hurt and the piece was lost).I got the cut taken care off and now its kinda "raw" but its ok) Now I would like to how the finger is going to look(the nail mostly)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Symptoms:  Nothing just a little bit numb.

A:   Thank you for your question. One this injury fully heals it will likely appear as a minor diagonal shaped deformity of the fingertip. The nail will not regrow in the area that the nail bed was cut. We recommend that you continue to keep this cut clean, and dry as it heals. This will prevent infection and prolongation of the healing process.

Thank you for choosing