Cut penis and not know it

Q: My question is can a man cut his penis and not know how he cut it? I've asked this questions and no one gave me an answer.

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible to sustain a traumatic injury to the penis, however this is a very sensitive area and will be extremely painful if it were to happen. If the injury is not severe, then there may be a chance for it to go unnoticed the important aspect of any laceration to a sensitive area is to avoid infection and seek medical attention as soon as possible if the area does not seem to be healing adequately or causing pain.

Thank you for choosing