Cuts on penis foreskin, Yeast Infection?

Q: I am a 40 year old male and since last 5 years, small cuts at the tip of the foreskin are formed. These gradually go away but reappears when I sexually active. At times, it takes more than 15 days to heal. From the articles I have gone through on your website, it seems I may have a yeast infection. I still need your opinion and a suitable over the counter medication. Thanks.

A:     Based on your description of these recurrent cuts which reolve on their own it suggest that you could be indeed having repeated yeast infections. However, there is no way to confirm this without a proper physical examination performed by a doctor as well as certain lab tests. To treat a yeast infection adequately requires antifugal tablets which are not usually available as over-the-counter medication, so you will have to see a physician.You should aslo consider the possiblity that you are being reinfected by your partner(s) or you are infercting your partner(s) and they should recieve treatment as well.