Cuts on penis foreskin, Yeast Infection?


Q: I am a 40 year old male and since last 5 years, small cuts at the tip of the foreskin are formed. These gradually go away but reappears when I sexually active. At times, it takes more than 15 days to heal. From the articles I have gone through on your website, it seems I may have a yeast infection. I still need your opinion and a suitable over the counter medication. Thanks.


A:     Based on your description of these recurrent cuts which reolve on their own it suggest that you could be indeed having repeated yeast infections. However, there is no way to confirm this without a proper physical examination performed by a doctor as well as certain lab tests. To treat a yeast infection adequately requires antifugal tablets which are not usually available as over-the-counter medication, so you will have to see a physician.You should aslo consider the possiblity that you are being reinfected by your partner(s) or you are infercting your partner(s) and they should recieve treatment as well.

Related Q&A

Q: I am 32 yr old femae, I have had a history of being diagnosed with overactive bladder 2001(age 19) - 2008, treated wi...

Q: I am a male of 30. I have been experiencing some rashes on my Penis (tip of the penis). The top half of the tip of th...

Q: What do I do about reoccurring yeast infections? For about 2 years now, I've been getting on-and-off yeast infections...

Q: I am suffering yeast infection for a year and i am so worried about my health, i have already taken anti-fungal antib...

Q: I am prone to get yeast infection, by taking drugs containing yeast ,, will that just make it worse?


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon