Cycles out of normal

Patient

Q: I have had the paraguard IUD for a little over 3 years now. For the first 6 months, I pretty much bled constantly. My Dr. at the time could not find a reason for this, and we considered removing it and trying a different form of birth control. However, a couple of weeks later, the bleeding had finally stopped. My cycles have been normal ever since. Except for about once a year, I would have one that would be a week or two late. This has become normal for me over the past 2 years.

But now, I am experiencing something that I have never experienced before. My cycle from about 3 months ago was one of my occasions where I was about 2 weeks late for my period. Once I got it, it seemed normal, but did vary slightly from my normal periods. It was a little lighter and didn't last as long. I didn't think much of it, but the weirdness continued. Two weeks after the end of my period (of about 4 days) I began spotting. This lasted for about 2 days and I believed I was going to start another period. However, the spotting stopped and no period came until 1-2 weeks later. That period was extremely different. It was very light and only lasted about 3-4 days. (my typical is 5-7, more on the side of 7.) My last period was due anywhere between Jan. 28th and Feb 2nd. I started spotting in this time, which normally let's me know I am starting my period on time. I never actually started my period. I only spotted for 5-6 days.

Is this normal? I moved to a new state less than a year ago and currently do not have a Dr. here. Should I be looking into seeing a dr about this? And what could be the possible causes?

Symptoms:  Lighter periods, missed periods, spotting, paraguard IUD
Doctor