Cystitis and Ramipril

Patient

Q: Is potassium citrate mixture and ramipril safe to take for two days for a cystitis

Symptoms:  Burning sensation when urinating
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Neither potassium citrate or ramipril are used to treat cystitis. Potasssium citrate is a supplement that is believed to support normal heart and muscle function when it works in conjunction with calcium. Ramipril is an ACE inhibitor medication used to treat hypertension and congestive heart failure. Cystitis is an infection of the bladder and is commonly caused by a bacterial infection. Such infections require prompt treatment with prescription antibiotics.

Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com