D&C and Trying to Conceive

Patient : I had a d&c on feb 6th and since then I haven't had a period. Last week I had spotting for 4 days and that was it. Not sure what this means but I am TTC and this is killing me because I don't know what s going on and when I can start trying agin
Symptoms:  Bloating, spotting took pregnancy test and it was negative
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. After undergoing abortion it may take few weeks to few mont hs for recurrence of menstrual periods. Gonadal hormonal imbalance, general conditions like anemia, thyroid disorders etc can also influence this period. As your urine pregnancy test kit gave negative result, the possibility of pregnancy is less. Now better to go for ultrasound once, which can help in finding out the possible cause of your problem by assessing endometrial thickness and appearance of ovaries. Then you can plan further management according to the findings with your doctor's advice. Take care