D-dimer positive blood test

Patient

Q: D-dimer help please. 37 yrs old, not pregnant. Had d-dimer test done by a holistic MD who was checking things related to fibro pain that I have had flare up very bad lately. Blood tests all came back fine, except D-dimer came back high. The range is 0 .00-0.49. My result was 0.88. I have had all this anxiety about this now, and my doctor who is a bit out of the box with his methods seemed to brush it off. He said to take daily aspirin. I'm concerned. Should I worry! Is this high?

I have terrible leg pain and severe veicrose veins in my legs, but just had ultrasound done on my legs about 2 months ago which showed lots of backed up valves, but no clots at that time about 8 weeks ago. I'm concerned about this 0.88 number. Is this high? Do I have something else going on like cancer/disease as I goggled it, and it says high d-dimer can mean lots of serious things.

I appreciate your input on this.

Symptoms:  Some bad chronic leg pain, but negative ultrasound for clots.
Doctor