Damaged lungs from smoking once??

Q: Hi, i'm 18 years old and recently smoked for the first time about 3 weeks ago. the next day my lungs were extremely tight and i experienced shortness of breath, persistent coughing and phlegm. i have been experiencing these symptoms for 3 weeks now and am wondering if i am sick? or if this is from smoking? i do have bad lungs with experiencing pneumonia twice and bronchitis before.

A:   Smoke may be the triggering factor for your symptoms. Smoke allergy could be a possibility. However given your history of past pneumonia and bronchitis, you should avoid smoke to prevent your symptoms. If your symptoms tend to become worse, you need to see a doctor at the earliest for treatment and to rule out any chances of lung infection if present.