Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Dark brown discharge.

Dark brown discharge.

Patient: I had unprotected sex and I am not on birth control. I did not use any sort of contraceptive, but used the pull out method. A few days after I had slight brown discharge and mild cramping and the following day I had dark brown discharge. Not enough to use a tampon. My question being, what are the chances of being pregnant?

Symptoms: Dark brown discharge, mild cramping

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.comI f you have had unprotected sex but followed a withdrawal method an d you are not on any contraception , then it is to apprise you that even the precum from your partner can make you pregnant.The light brown discharge with cramping may be the implantation bleed . However the best way to confirm or rule out pregnancy would be to do BLOOD SERUM HCG test to look for raised levels. If found raised, then you may be pregnant .SO Please meet your physician for the test.I hope i have answered your query,wishing you health,regards