Dark circles that suddenly appear under both eyes

Q: I have noticed dark circles under my eyes developing over the last 5 or so weeks. I have not been getting much sleep due to hormonal changes and night sweats. I don't have any loss of appetite and feel generally well. What is causing these dark circles? I have tried several creams and nothing is getting rid of them. Please help.

Symptoms:  I have on and off chest infections but as I told my doctor, I can feel mucus draining down my throat and I cough when it happens, the musus is generally yellow in colour.