Dark spot scars all over my chest and back!!

Patient

Q: Hello, I've had spots over my chest and black for 2 years, but because they we're itchy I scratched and picked them. They have now left dark scars and marks all over my chest and back. This means I cannot wear low cut tops or vest tops. Please is there anything I can do to get rid of these dark scars and marks immediately? A cream or something that works fast? And will clear up my chest and back?.

Doctor

A:   There are various therapies available today to get rid of blemishes or dark spots. They range from topical application of skin lightening creams to specialized procedures like Dermabrasion or Dermaplaning for post-acne scars. Most of these procedures, would take at least 6-8 weeks to show any noticeable improvement. For a customized therapy, you should visit a Dermatologist for a proper clinical evaluation and advise.