Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Dark spot scars all over my chest and back!!

Dark spot scars all over my chest and back!!

Patient: Hello, I’ve had spots over my chest and black for 2 years, but because they we’re itchy I scratched and picked them. They have now left dark scars and marks all over my chest and back. This means I cannot wear low cut tops or vest tops. Please is there anything I can do to get rid of these dark scars and marks immediately? A cream or something that works fast? And will clear up my chest and back?.

Doctor: There are various therapies available today to get rid of blemishes or dark spots. They range from topical application o f skin lightening creams to specialized procedures like Dermabrasion or Dermaplaning for post-acne scars. Most of these procedures, would take at least 6-8 weeks to show any noticeable improvement. For a customized therapy, you should visit a Dermatologist for a proper clinical evaluation and advise.