Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Dating Pregancies When Unsure About Dates

Dating Pregancies When Unsure About Dates

Patient: I just found out that I am pregnant and i am not sure what date to use for my last cycle date–my last cycle was only 2 days starting on Dec 23&24(this isn’t normal) and my November date was November 25-30 (this is normal)what date should I use??

Doctor: Many Women are unsure about the first day of their last cycle.  To complicate things, it is not uncommon in pregnancy to o spot or even have a light or normal cycle.The best thing to do is ask your physican for a dating ultrasound. This will help clarify the confusion.A reasonably accurate date is important as it is used to determine the date of routine tests conducted during pregnancy.