Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Day 2 if cold with small fever during pregnancy – what to do

Day 2 if cold with small fever during pregnancy – what to do

Patient: Hello i’m 23 weeks pregnant and have a cold, bad headaches, coughs that keep me up all night and now a small fever.. i’ve taken tylenol yesterday and robitussin today but not sure what to do.. should i go to my doctor?

Symptoms: Bronchol coughing, running nose, small fever of 37.3 degrees celcius, headache

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.According to your description as you are having cough, cold as sociated with fever there is possibility of respiratory tract infection.Any infection in pregnancy should be treated carefully.You may need treatment with antibiotics associated with symptomatic treatment with analytics and antitussives.So, better to consult your doctor and get examined to find out the possibility of respiratory tract infection then take treatment according to her advice.Take care.