Day after pill and mthfr homozygote

Q: Hello,
i have a blood clotting tendency, i was told i have MTHFR homozygote.
up until a few months ago i took birth control pills, but together with aspirin.
we are still not interested in getting pregnant, but i stopped taking the pills, and we use condoms as contraception.
last night the condom broke.
is it ok for me to take the "day after" pill with my clotting issues?
i was told it is like many pills "rolled into one"...

A:   Thank you for your question. There are on contraindications for taking emergency contraception with your current medical condition. The fact that you are on daily aspirin will likely confer adequate anticoagulation and protection against the development of blood clots. We do recommend that after you complete this emergency contraceptive that you follow up with your doctor for examination of your extremities to make sure you have not developed any deep venous thromboses.

Thank you for consulting with your medical query.