Days after having sex with my girl I have bladder pain.

Patient : Days after having sex with my girl . I have bladder pain and I use the restroom frequently . The first time this happen it went a way . But it come back today and we had sex four days ago . What could it be ?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion, This is typical urinary tract infection possibly caused by E.CO LI, ureaplasma or even secondary to chlamydial infection. You need to get a urine culture done and isolate the causative organism before starting on a week's course of urinary antibiotics based on sensitivity pattern. You need to increase your water intake to allow early flushing out of infection and also prefer taking 2 glasses of cranberry juice daily as it helps clear UTI sooner. Also recommended to ask your partner to get a urine culture and high vaginal swab culture done to ascertain if she had been the source of infection and she may then require a concomitant treatment else you may land up having recurrences. I hope i have answered your query in detail, Wishing you good health, Regards

Patient: Okay she had a pap and it was negative for chlamydial . It just werid that it started happening out of no where . We been togther over a year and I just started. Could it be Herpes or something else ? And she didn't know .. I'm lost Sorry I'll pay if I need just worried that's all . The pain is my upper bladder
Doctor: The symptoms are corroborative to a urinary tract infection and hence urine culture would be the best investigation to be done as of now to rule it out.