Days after having sex with my girl I have bladder pain.

Patient: Days after having sex with my girl . I have bladder pain and I use the restroom frequently . The first time this happen it went a way . But it come back today and we had sex four days ago . What could it be ?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,This is typical urinary tract infection possibly caused by E.CO LI, ureaplasma or even secondary to chlamydial infection.You need to get a urine culture done and isolate the causative organism before starting on a week’s course of urinary antibiotics based on sensitivity pattern. You need to increase your water intake to allow early flushing out of infection and also prefer taking 2 glasses of cranberry juice daily as it helps clear UTI sooner.Also recommended to ask your partner to get a urine culture and high vaginal swab culture done to ascertain if she had been the source of infection and she may then require a concomitant treatment else you may land up having recurrences.I hope i have answered your query in detail,Wishing you good health,Regards

Patient: Okay she had a pap and it was negative for chlamydial . It just werid that it started happening out of no where . We been togther over a year and I just started. Could it be Herpes or something else ? And she didn’t know .. I’m lost Sorry I’ll pay if I need just worried that’s all . The pain is my upper bladder

Doctor: The symptoms are corroborative to a urinary tract infection and hence urine culture would be the best investigation to be done as of now to rule it out.