Dear, Doc my husband underwent surgery for obstructed inguina.

Patient : Dear doc my husband underwent surgery for obstructed inguinal hernia on 3 feb 2015 as he was diabetic they started insulin after 5 days of surgery, till how long he should be on insulin as he was on tab before surgery?
Doctor :   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you. Insulin is usually given in pre- operative, Intra-operative and pos t operative period. After that if blood sugar levels were well controlled with oral drugs prior to admission, then we shift the patient back to the prior medicines for diabetes. I would advise you to discuss with your treating doctor. He will shift him back to the oral medicines, if he feels his blood sugar levels can be controlled with that. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy.