Dear Doctor, I am suffering from CSR on my left

Q: Dear Doctor,
I am suffering from CSR on my left eye for almost a year an now I am in monitoring period under a eye specialist.
I am also having a cyst behind my left ear for a long period, the cyst is not painful but a kind of smelly fluid is present.
Your advise will be great and appreciate in directing me to right path of diagnosis and medication .
Thank and regards,

A:   Hi.

Read and understood your history of under treatment for CSR; cyst behind left ear - not painful - but smelly fluid is present.
If the cyst is for a long time with above skin presence and if you can express material out of it, this is most probably an infected sebaceous cyst. The treatment is to give an antibiotic coverage. Once the infection is contained the cyst can be excised in-toto. It is better to wait till the inflammation around it is settled well for successful surgery.

Rarely this can be a sinus connected to the bone, but then there will be no elevated area, skin becomes adherent to the bone below and a CT scan is required to confirm the diagnosis and proper management.
I would advise you to consult an ENT for best diagnosis, investigations and treatment.

I hope this answer helps you to get a proper diagnosis, and get a proper further treatment. Please feel free to ask for more or if you need further clarifications or if you feel there is a gap of communication.

Hope this helps you.