Dear doctor I recently have sex with my girlfriend 3

Patient : Dear doctor. I recently have sex with my girlfriend 3 days ago. my girlfriend is 22 years old and was a virgin. she has been through vaginal bleeding thrice.. I wanted to ask that is it normal? or does she need to consult a doctor?
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. Yes, you should see a Doctor. This is because you may have injured the genitals during s ex. It is also possible that she is bleeding because the hymen is torn. Take some time and you will get better. In the future, please use lubrication so that there will be less injury. Wishing you the best. Hope this helps you.

Related Q&A

Q: I am a 57 year old female. I am having vaginal dryness and when I wipe really hard with rough toilet paper I get bri...

Q: My period ended Monday but today I have what feels like menstrual cramps and am very gassy. Could it be ovulation?

Q: Have chaffing on labia majore. Very painful. What can I do to treat?

Q: I have some small cuts in between my vagina and rectum. I am sexually active and I want to find a way to reduce the ...

Q: I had a yeast infection. The yeast infection has cleared, but skin around the vagina is very irritated and itchy. I h...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon