Dear Doctor, I'm a male, 60, 5'10. 145 pounds.

Patient

Q: Dear Doctor, I'm a male, 60, 5'10", 145#, average phys. condition and 128 over 78 b.p. has acceptable levels of cholest. and tryglycerides but daily eats the non-hydrol. version peanut butter but well over the daily USDA allowance for saturated fat. That said, am I accumulating plaque in my arteries even though it does not show up on my blood panels? Thank you for your answer. Robert

Doctor

A:   Thank you for choosing ATD to ask your query.

If your lipid values are normal, it is very unlikely that you are accumulating any cholesterol in the arteries. Also, if you have never had chest pain, the chances become even lesser.

I recommend that you start exercising for 30 mins a day, 3 times a week. Then, you will be able to keep fit. Also, having a diet high in fiber will also help reduce the level of cholesterol in the body.

There are a few tests like hsCRP which can determine the risk of getting a heart disease and you can plan to get those done. I hope this helps you. All the best.