Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Dear doctor, Just today I have dry sore skin around my

Dear doctor, Just today I have dry sore skin around my

Patient: Dear doctor,Just today I have dry sore skin around my lower vaginal area ( in-between my vagina and my bum) and it is sore manly in the areas where your legs crease. ( this is why I thought it may be a heat rash.) it is dry skin and redish and sore ( it is like a heat rash) I have been going to the gym for the last week ( I have just started.) it has just come on today a little and hurt when I touch it or when I urinie ( if my urine touches the sore area) I have put body lotion on it and it’s feeling a little better. I was wondering if it is a heat rash or thursh? Or any other thing it could be? maybe has I have been sweating more then usually (gym)Thank you:-) H

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,It i s evident from the history that the lesions you have developed are at the creases of your thighs and close to the perineal area. Yes it is possible due to moisture induced local frictional injuries while doing tread mill or other exercises in gym . If there is no itching present and there is no scaling with reddish area in the centre and a well defined margin, then thrush is unlikely. But if it is so , then these could be typical ring worm lesions which is a fungal infection and would require anti fungal cream application for a week and the area has to be kept dry, free from moisture.It is suggested that you visit your physician for a local examination which would allow to make a confirmed diagnosis with visual inspection .Wishing you recovery soon,regards