Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Dear Doctor My period is scanty and not flowing as much

Dear Doctor My period is scanty and not flowing as much

Patient: Dear Doctor.My period is scanty and not flowing as much as used to be when I just started my period as a teenager and am beginning to worry. I am 32 years old single lady and no kids. What do you think is wrong and is there a medication to remedy the problem.Thanks

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for trusting ATD about your health care.I can understand your concern here.Sometimes scanty menses is normal finding if you are not having any other problem because every female has different menstrual cycle pattern.If it is associated with any other problem than your problem needs evaluation.It can be due to hormonal changes, PCOS, infection, fibroid etc.Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more.Good luck.Regards