Dear Doctor, This is for my friend He is 30 yrs

Patient

Q: Dear Doctor,
This is for my friend. He is 30 yrs old and he is suffering from diabetes and is taking injections regularly for his disease. He told me that he has fungal infections at times because of his diabetes. Sometimes it happens on his penis and anus. He is applying ointment also for that when it comes he says. If he does sex with someone, will this infection spread to that person? or any person does anal or oral sex with him, is there any possibility to spread to that person? please give me a detailed reply as soon as possible.
Sreejith menon

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

It is possible to spread the infection. But, the other person should also have a compromised immunity or diabetes or something like that.

If your friend has these symptoms, please see a Doctor to get the right treatment. Hope this helps. All the best.