Dear Dr I want to know when to do the pregnancy test.

Patient : Dear Dr I want to know when to do the pregnancy test, I know it says on the day of the period however my husband and I had sex four days before my period , would the test still be accurate ?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. A urine pregnancy test can be done as early as 5 days before the commencement of the n ext period. On the day of the missed period, it is generally done. If you want a better reliable test, do a beta hcg blood test which will be a better predictor of early pregnancy. This should later be confirmed with a scan in case of a pregnancy. Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any other queries. Regards

Patient: Yes but what if I had sex just four days before the period, will the test still show if I'm pregnant
Doctor: Hello,
If you had sex 4 days before cycle, there is no possibility of pregnancy