Ask The Doctor > Pending > Dear Mr or Mrs Doctor: I need help I don’t

Dear Mr or Mrs Doctor: I need help I don’t

Patient: Dear Mr. or Mrs. Doctor: I need help. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I’m a sophomore in highschool and for about a year now I have experienced an intense brain fog. Mom says it’s hormones, but I’m not sure. I cannot focus on schoolwork or think clearly. It’s like I’m always in a dream, never really there. In addition, I have lost interest in everything I do. I’m becoming depressed because I can’t snap out of this mental prison. Please tell me what you think is causing this. I actually took a hard hit in football last year and got a concussion. The bad part is I can’t remember when my symptoms started, so I don’t know if I’m still having effects of the concussion. Any help is greatly appreciated. I feel like a wounded war vet who is living alone, partially out of my mind. Also, I eat a well balanced diet with lots of vegetables and I take no medications.

Doctor: