Decreased calorie intake but still gaining weight.

Patient : How do you get your metabolism back to a good state? I've been treated for being underweight a few months ago, and now Im out and on my own. I still have troubles and mainly eat only raw veggies and usually no more that 400 calories a day; yet I have still been gaining weight. How do I get my body back to a healthy state?
Doctor :   Modifying lifestyle with a healthy balanced diet and regular exercise is essential in weight control. Due to your calori e intake being less than normal, your body may think that you are undergoing starvation and may increase the storage of calories. Your weight gain may also be due to hypothyroidism. I would suggest that you speak to a dietitian to calculate your calorie intake and also get your thyroid levels checked.