Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Decreased Excitement and Erection Problems

Decreased Excitement and Erection Problems

Patient: Hii doc..i recently got married..my sexual lif is so so..means sometimes my penis is not erecting or m not getting excited..why is this?? is it due to over masturbation before marriage or bcoz of regular drink ..during foreplay or blowjob erection is good but it is only for sometime..when i started intercourse i loose erection ..i am to much disturbed..please give me reply n tell me if thr any treatment or diet

Doctor: Anxiety, stress and worry all contrbute to the loss of libido and erectile dysfunction. Not being able to perform on one occasion may have made you anxious and paranoid about successful performance during future encounters, causing you stress which may lead to poor performance again, and this cycle may continue on and on.The first step to overcoming these feelings is to acknowledge the problem and feel as comfortable as possible to discuss this condition with your partner as it will help overcome your anxiety and increase trust. Meditation and yoga will help releive your stress, exercising, morning walks alongwith with a healthy balanced diet will go a long in boosting your confidence.Anxiety, stress and worry all contrbute to the loss of libido and erectile dysfunction. Not being able to perform on one occasion may have made you anxious and paranoid about successful performance duringfuture encounters, causing you stress which may lead to poor performance again, and this cycle may continue on and on.The first step to overcoming these feelings is to acknowledge the problem and feel as comfortable as possible to discuss this condition with your partner as it will help overcome your anxiety and increase trust.Meditation and yoga will help releive your stress, exercising, morning walks alongwith with a healthy balanced diet will go a long in boosting your confidence.