Decreased Taste sensitivity and metallic feel in the tongue

Patient : I seem to have lost my sense of taste, slick, metallic feel and taste on my tongue, what could be the possible cause?
Doctor :   There are many conditions that may lead to the development of a lack of taste and metallic feel on the tongue. Any condi tion that effects the transmission of taste sensation from the tongue to the brain may cause these symptoms. Smoking, trauma to the mouth and nose, dry mouth, infection of the oral cavity, vitamin B12 and zine deficiency and certain medicines like antibiotics, anti-thyroid drugs cause impaired taste. You may need to consult your doctor to take a complete history and examine you to see for an underlying pathology that could cause your symptoms. A CT scan may also be done to look at the part of brain that controls smell.