Deformed nail - What can I do?

Patient

Q: When I was five years old (I'm fifteen now) I tied a string around my index finger on my right hand for the period of one whole night.The nail fell and the circulation was cut off and it gave my finger a hideous pointy no nail appearance.So here I am 10 years later trying to get a job as a model but to no avail because of my finger. What can I do???Please help!!!!

Doctor

A:   I would suggest that you consult a Plastic & Reconstructive surgeon for cosmetic nail reconstructive surgery. I wish you well, take care.