Dehydrated penis skin after three week treatment with Gino-Canesten

Patient

Q: After 3 weeks of using gino-canesten on the foreskin and other skin areas, my boyfriend still notices some dehydrated skin and small cuts around his penis. We both have been using gino-canesten and haven't had sex since we started the treatment (none of us ever went to a doctor, we just assumed it was a yeast infection, since every simpton described on Internet articles fitted). After 3 weeks, we're supposed to stop the treatment and things are supposed to be back to normal. Is it possible that the dehydrated skin around his penis isn't being caused by yeast, and we are treating the wrong condition?

Doctor