Patient :My son is anaphylatically allergic to nuts(peanuts, almonds, cashews and walnuts) and accidently ate a very small amount of something which had peanuts in it approximately 48 hours ago, he had no symptoms of any reaction at the time but I did administer antihistamine as a precaution. He now is feeling sick and dizzy is it possible he is having a delayed reaction or is it just a coincidence and he is just coming down with the flu?
Symptoms: Lethargy, headache, dizziness temperature
No, your son is not suffering from a delayed hypersensitivity reaction. Rather, his symptoms seem to be as a result of the anti-histaminic medication that you gave him the day before. So don't worry he should be fine in day or two.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.