Delayed Periods After Emergency Contraceptive Pills

Q: Hai m 23yrs old.i had ipill after sex,had regular periods nxt two months,it's 3rd month and i stil avnt got ma periods ten days late.s this normal?

A:   I can understand your concern for delayed periods. I would advise you to do a home pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy as the cause of the missed periods. If the test is negative, I would advise for a period of observation. Often stress can lead to irregular periods and usually no treatment is required. If you are consistently having delayed or missed periods, then you will require an examination and further evaluation by your doctor. Blood test and ultrasound may be helpful to rule out any underlying problems causing the delayed periods.