Delayed periods, whitish discharge and back ache

Patient

Q: Hi my period is 16 days late I have lower back pain occasional period pains and startying to get headaches. I have thick white discharge for the last 10 days also . I have taken 2 preggnancy tests and both have come up negative. Could I still b pregnant??

Doctor

A:   A pregnancy test is usually fairy accurate in diagnosing pregnancy and a negative test 16 days post periods is indicative that you are not pregnant. A possible cause of your delayed periods, whitish discharge and back pain could be due to vaginal candidiasis. I would recommend that you see your OBGYN for examination and anti-fungal treatment like Canesten.