x
84 Physicians Online

Question:

Delaying Birth Control

Me and my girlfriend are going on vacation next week, only for 3 days. But she will be starting her period during this time. 2 part question. Can taking active pills "delay" her period and is it safe. Also, will using this method lower the effectiveness of the pills? She has been using it for 1yr if that helps.

Symptoms: " />

Answer:

Yes, she will need to continue taking the active pills for one more week to delay her menses. After you come back from your vacations she can stop taking them to have her menses.
This might alter her next cycle, probably causing inter menstrual spotting.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.