DEPO

Patient

Q: I've been getting the depo shot since my son was born and everything was okay in the beginning but now I have started to wonder what is going on. I usually get my period for the lady for weeks before I'm due for my next shot which concerns me because it's a constant heavy flow for all for weeks. But recently i have been having abnormally bad cramping and what appears to be my period for the past three weeks already. I'm not sure for my next depo until mid August. At this rate I will be bleeding for almost 8 weeks straight by that point which doesn't seem normal for me. I'm not sure what do to about it or what I can do about it really so any advice on how to approach this uncomfortable situation will be helpful. Thanks. Sorry for the abnormally bad errors of may last posted question.

Symptoms:  Heavy, consistent periods lasting a prolonged period of time.
Doctor