Depo medrol shot effect cold

Patient

Q: Given a depo medrol shot byA gen. Practitioner three weeks ago today. Since then I have developed a cold sinus infection and have been treated with antibiotics by my allergist. I've had bad effects from the suspension shot such as light headedness, numbness all over the body, and slight fatique. Will the shot Effect my body's healing process

Doctor

A:   Depo Medrol (Methylprednisolone) is a corticosteroid that is usually given to relieve any inflammation that may be present in the system. The side effects fo the drugs are usually mild and will resolve on its own. In certain cases the drug can reduce the body's ability to fight against an infection. However since you've only had a single dose of the drug the decreased immunity is less likely.