Depo Provera and then switched to the pill

Patient : I have been on depo provera for one year and stopped last september, I got no period as I was getting the shots but went back on the pill in January and myself and my partner are trying to have a baby and I cant get pregnant. Is there anything I could take or if I stayed on the pill for a few weeks would that get my cycle back to normal?
Doctor :   Thank you for your query When depo provera is taken it provides contraception up to 3-4 months from the last shot. For some women the effect of depo provera may last up to eight months from the last shot. Ovulation may not be given until the depo provera is fully out of the body .It takes an average of four to ten months to get pregnant after the last shot, the chances to conceive will start to increase, but it can take two years time to increase the chances of getting pregnant to the same level as it was before taking the shot. A preconception visit to the doctor can be the best option who can suggest hormonal analysis and a scan to see if there is an PCOS problem etc. and then suggest best option available for your plans of pregnancy Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.