Depo Provera ruining chances of having children in the future?

Patient : I have been on the birth control depo provera for just over a year and have only had one period since I started it. My question is, can this form of birth control ruin my chances of having children in the future?
Doctor :   Hello, provera is a good contraception but can cause delayed restart of ovulation once you are off it. It generally re sumes with in 2-3 months . Now as you have already had a withdrawal bleed and unsure about ovulation then you should visit your physician for a detailed evaluation with a ultrasound pelvis and a hormonal profile to check for estrogen and progesterone levels. Any deficiency can be treated and if required a diagnostic endometrial curettage can be done which can reinstate the hormonal cycle. I hope i have answered your query, regards