Depo Provera Shot and Probable Pregnancy

Patient

Q: I got my second depo shot on September 28th and I had unprotected sex on September 30th and I wanted to know could there be a possibilty i could be pregnant? My partner said that he didnt ejaculate inside of me but i would like to make sure.

Doctor

A:   I understand your concern about Depo Provera shot and probable pregnancy. Let me reassure that Depo Provera shot should work after 24 hours from the injection providing protection against unwanted pregnancies.
However as you may already know, there is no 100% effective contraceptive method and there might be always a small risk. In my opinion since this was your second shot of Depo, this would definitely decrease your chances of pregnancy and you should not worry. I wish you the best.