Depo Provera side effects

Patient

Q: Hello, i am on the Birth Control Depo Provera, and i am noticing many side effects such as pain in all my joints and muscles, Bad acne, i have NEVER experienced such terrible acne before and i am noticing weight gain. The only reason i am on the Depo shot is because none of the pills were working i would be on my period everyday for 6 months then it would stop for a day or two and start again. i am enjoying not getting my period but i am disliking all the side effects i am getting. is there a better method of birth control i can bring up to my doctor about? if i go to him he just blows off what i have to say about it and says its okay it will go away soon and tells me to leave.
i appreciate your time ! thank you

Symptoms:  Hello, i am on the Birth Control Depo Provera, and i am noticing many side effects such as pain in all my joints and muscles, Bad acne, i have NEVER experienced such terrible acne before and i am noticing weight gain. The only reason i am on the Depo shot is because none of the pills were working i would be on my period everyday for 6 months then it would stop for a day or two and start again. i am enjoying not getting my period but i am disliking all the side effects i am getting. is there a better method of birth control i can bring up to my doctor about? if i go to him he just blows off what i have to say about it and says its okay it will go away soon and tells me to leave.
i appreciate your time ! thank you
Doctor