Depo provera to the pill cryselle

Patient : I'm switching from the depo injection to the pill cryselle. I start the pill today, but I'm not due for the shot until 12/30. I know I need to use a backup for a month but Can I have unprotected sex until the shot is due?
Symptoms:  N/a
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. As your depo shot due time is still there, it can give protec tion till that time. So you can have intercourse during these days. After starting pills, you have to use them without missing to get complete protection. And as you told better to use a backup method for one month as you starting the pill in the middle of the month. Take care.