Depo shot

Q: I missed my depo shot and I had unprotected sex the next day it had expired I was wondering if you can still get pregnant.

A:   Thank you for your query.
The depo shot when taken provides contraception up to 3 to 4 months, precisely 3 months past the last shot. Usually it takes some time for the body to overcome the effect of this drug (injection) & to resume normal menstrual cycles and ovulation; therefore just the next day of having sexual intercourse may not lead to a pregnancy. But you can confirm whether you are a pregnant or not by opting for a pregnancy test 20-25 days past your unprotected sexual intercourse. If you are not planning for a conception it is advisable to take the next shot or opt for a protected sexual intercourse method with the advice of your health care provider.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.