Depo Shot and what the doctor will have to do?

Patient

Q: I go to the doctor tomorrow to get a depo shot. I was wondering what all the doctor will have to do to me before I can get the Depo shot?

Symptoms:  No symptoms
Doctor

A:   Hello
Before giving you a depo shot, the doctor will have to check your pulse, blood pressure and do a general examination. Migraine, uncontrolled diabetes, high blood pressure, pelvic inflammatory disease, deep vein thrombosis, heart problems and arterial diseases have to be ruled out either with a history or with investigations as preferred by your doctor before the depot shot as they serve as contraindication. The doctor may also check your breasts for any abnormalities.
Hope this helped.