Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Depo Shot and what the doctor will have to do?

Depo Shot and what the doctor will have to do?

Patient: I go to the doctor tomorrow to get a depo shot. I was wondering what all the doctor will have to do to me before I can get the Depo shot?

Symptoms: No symptoms

Doctor: HelloThanks for the query.Before giving you a depo shot, the doctor will have to check your pulse, blood pressure an d do a general examination. Migraine, uncontrolled diabetes, high blood pressure, pelvic inflammatory disease, deep vein thrombosis, heart problems and arterial diseases have to be ruled out either with a history or with investigations as preferred by your doctor before the depot shot as they serve as contraindication. The doctor may also check your breasts for any abnormalities.Hope this helped.Regards